Sunday, April 13, 2008

New Hail Guard Invention















I have been trying to create hail gu
ards to protect my windows in large hail. I started making ones for the side windows using PVC, Plexi Glass and attaching them to the vehicle via metal straps nose clamped to the roof rack and strapped to the frame through the wheel well. Well after spending hours on creating these guards, the driving tests failed as the plexi-glass shattered anyway. When I get a chance I will upgrade to Lexan (Polycarbonate) Aims has been kind enough to en corporate my roof mounted hail guard for the windshield to their welding class. Still working on attaching the Mesh to the aluminum frame and painting it, aims should have the main steel attachments finished tomorrow! I will post a picture once its on the car!


























(Windshield Guard)

No comments: