Sunday, May 24, 2009

May 24th 2009

So today I was trying to decide if I wanted to go to Northeast Wyoming, I looked at the models and decided that there was pretty good wind shear in Colorado, and looking at dew points, temps, and vertical motion I thought why is there no tornado risk in Colorado, and I should chase off the Palmer and stay closer to home anyway. I went to Adams county as storms were firing, I was a little late as I had stuff to do this morning. When I got to the first storm south from Kersey North of Keensburg it already had a meso, a nose feeder cloud and a foot downdraft! Was impressive!! I was very excited at this point, and even got more excited when i turned on NOAA radio and heard an advisory that a cell in Adams county was likely to produce landspout tornadoes. I rushed west on 76 towards Denver and intercepted the second cell with an even more impressive meso! Saw a possible funnel but no tornado, apparently a trained spotter "saw" a brief touchdown, still waiting to see a pic out there.



No comments: