Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Friday May 15th 2009

I took my brother on his first chase, we chased an embedded supercell on a line that went through the Wichita area. A beautiful meso appeared along with up to golf ball hail, and extreme lightning. Tornado warnings stayed constant throughout most of the afternoon on this cell and shortly on one to its south. The cold front just kept choking it out however, and it eventually killed the chance of tornadoes. Was a beautiful storm, lots of green, had a classic look for a while and the hail, wind, and lightning was fun. We had a cg stirke close to the vehicle and it blew in my plexi driver side window and made me blind in my left eye for a few minutes. My brother was shocked to see such incredible lightning, and that nature could produce storms of this magnitude.



No comments: