Monday, June 8, 2009

June 8th 2009





Today started out looking pretty good, with the surface obs, the Denver cyclone setting up, the low level wind shear and some cape. I decided Palmer would be the best target because of that cape, and low level stuff, up north there was better bulk shear, but not as much cape. I saw this storm develop over Denver, as I was driving i could see some great wind shear, I was wondering if it was going to tornado. As I got more out in the open we saw a funnel cloud half way extended to the ground not far in front of us. It dissipated quickly and then the storm weakened. It did have some nice looking mammatus clouds and rain bows lol. Since the storm looked like crap we went and explored an abandoned missile silo and I ran through the sprinklers.

No comments: