Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pre Halloween Heavy Snow Storm



Crazy October storm bringing up to 20 inches of snow so far! Before Halloween! This day years ago we had a tornado in Boulder that caused some damage, and were having a blizzard! The snow should continue but decrease throughout the day, however winds will pick up making visibility harsh. Hundreds of school closings still in effect, (except for my school, once again), DIA is handling the situation very well especially for a rare October storm. Most flights are either on time, delayed within an hour, and minimal flights canceled. A lot better than what most people expect at the Airport. Surprisingly I see a lot of people out driving around, there is a lot of people going shopping, I guess they are thinking of Christmas and they are utilizing the day off from the Snow Day Excuse. I saw one near accident today, a pickup took a turn too fast and went into oncoming traffic, goes to show that there is ice under that snow, be careful, your 4 wheel drive doesn't matter on ice. I-70 is closed! I have a flight at 7am to Ohio in the morning, I don't believe I will have much trouble.

No comments: