Wednesday, August 5, 2009

August 4th 2009
















Today I thought was going to be a bust for Western NE as storms died and the skys cleared. I stoped in a resturant trying to accept defeat in central panhandle of NE. I finally decided that i came that far not to see anything so I wanted to go drive through a storm that would be coming out of WY/SD into NE. So I drove north and intercepted the storm moving across the border of NE/SD. I ended up between harrison and crawford NE watching the storm to the northwest cross the border. As I was watching this incredible lightning and meso in the distance, a landspout formed on the southern edge of the convective activity. It lasted for about 60 seconds and then disapeared as quick as it came, but was a solid obvious landspout tornado what seemed so close to my eyes. I was able to go home really happy this day when I expected a 400 mile drive bust. I didnt get any hail as I had problems with my driver side window so I decided to wait to punch the hail core. I did punch the core with no hail on the way home. My vehicle reached 100,000 miles this trip, and its a 2006 model haha. Almost hit about 3 deer on the way home.










1 comment:

sknr31 said...

that's awesome! I love the lightning structure shots....them NE deer....ahhhhhhhh